Monday, June 26, 2006

prety fingernails

Sunday morning I was on the phone with my friend Tiffany. We were chatting away about who knows what, when my baby said she had to go potty. I could see into my bathroom from my bed where I was still laying, so I told her go ahead. I wasn't staring her down or anything, but I could see out of the corner of my eye that she was sitting on the potty. After a few minutes she finishes, gets down flushes etc. She doesnt immediately come out. When I call her, out she comes, with the biggest grin on her face saying "mommy, you like my pretty fingernails?" On her stubby little fingers...each one of them, were 5 tampon applicators! I tried not to freak out. I told Tiffany, "she has tampon applicators on her fingers" and Tiff freaks out with "OMG where are the tampons, she didnt put them in her did she?" I'm thinking, no freaking way. I did however go into the bathroom and say "where did you put the rest of them?" and she says, "in the trash". know what was in the trash? nothing. they were USED tampon applicators. not new ones. NOT NEW ONES. I swallowed down the vomit that was rising in my throat and told her to throw them away, which she did, while saying "whats wrong mommy, why mommy?" I told to just do it, and then go to her bathroom and wash her hands. she's like "ok mommy, why mommy?" I was SO grossed out. she throws them away, goes to her bathroom, washes her hands and comes back. "all better, mommy?" she asks.

man oh man. I stayed calm, so I was pretty impressed, but how freaking gross. I never in a million years thought she'd be digging in my bathroom toilet. and they were wrapped up too! And in my defense, I had just "finished" needing to use them, or they'd have never been in there... it grosses me out to let them sit in the trash, even though I wrap them in about a half roll of toilet paper. What I can't figure out is how she got 5 unwrapped in like 6.2 seconds... I mean, what made her even think to unwad tp from the trash can?

Who knows, I guess, but it was certainly the highlight of my weekend! lol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg i am lmao! seriously. that. is. too. funny.

Anonymous said...

ok.
ew.
just, ew.